Monday, September 6, 2010

What president had the slogan a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage?

When I clicked in the title thing, that was one option it automatically filled in for me. I semi remember typing that, and it just seemed like a good idea to use it. I bet you want to know which blogger this is. Well I'm not going to tell you.
"Yes you are."
"No I'm not Philippe! Stop telling me what to do!"
"GRACIE YOU TELL THEM WHO YOU ARE!"
"Philippe!!!! You just told them!" **whines about life...**
Okay sorry. Philippe is my conscience. That RUDELY INTERRUPTED ME. He rolled his eyes at me! Humph. He just drives me crazy sometimes.
Right now I'm listening to Dave Matthews trying to figure out life. Yesterday, a woman name Mary who me and Caylie were both really close to passed away. Suddenly and without warning. One moment standing, the next on the ground. The realization part hasn't really sunk in yet. She always told me I was a little version of herself... And hearing her say that made me glow. She isn't really gone. I can't believe that she is. She's just gone for a little while. At least that's what my heart is trying to tell my head. I didn't know her near as long as Caylie did, but she came on a mission trip I went on and we got to be really close. She knew stuff about me that I didn't dare tell other people. Things most people still don't know.
Right now, life seems horrifically normal. No bombs have dropped. The ocean still is rolling in and kissing the shore. The sun is still giving off light, and the earth keeps spinning. I'd almost feel better if something miraculous or horrible happened, just because it seems right. She herself was a miracle, and the legacy she leaves is a miracle. It seems like she should exit with just as much as a bang as she came into this world with. Maybe she did though. There are crowds of people mourning the loss and giving thanks for the life. I can only hope that that many people will look up to me in the way that people still look up to her. So she may not be written in the history books. So what? She's forever going to be written in our hearts. And that's not something you can say about everyone.
I didn't mean to get into this much detail. But if I don't stop myself now, this post will blow itself bigger than the internet can handle.
I love Caylie, I loved and will continue to love Mary, and I love all of you brave and patient enough to read this blog. I love that each day will bring healing, and I love God for giving us that healing. Though our world is shattered, He's putting all the pieces together. Dave Matthews remarkably is getting me through this with a song called Baby...

Baby, it's alright 

Stop your crying 

Now 

Nothing is here to stay 

Everything has to begin and end 

A ship in a bottle won't sail 

All we can do is dream that the wind will blow us across the water 

A ship in a bottle set sail 

Baby, it's alright 

Stop your crying, now 

There was a weakling man 

Who dreamed he was strong as a hurricane 

A ship in a bottle set sail 

He took a deep breath and blew across the world 

He watched everything crumble 

Woke up a weakling again 

Some might tell you there's no hope in hell 

Just because they feel hopeless 

But you don't have to be a thing like that 

You be a ship in a bottle set sail 

Baby, it's alright 

Stop your crying, now 

It's alright 

So stop your crying, now 

Be a ship in a bottle set sail 
Thank you Mary, for teaching us all to be strong as a hurricane. You loved the unlovable, touched the untouchable, and ministered to those whose hearts were sealed shut. We shared a love of the show Lost, and in the words of Desmond: See you in the next life, sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment