Monday, September 6, 2010

You asked me a question...

And here is your answer.
Caylie, if you left the earth tonight here is how you would be remembered:
1. Everyone who has ever met you would remember your smile. Your smile lights up the whole state of Arkansas, heck it lights up the whole world. Screw the sun. We just need you.
2. Everyone would remember your joy. Everything around you is bright. You don't have a green thumb, you have fingerprints of smiles. Somehow... Even when I'm in one of my moods... You can turn it around and turn my tears and anger into laughter and happiness, all without even knowing what you've done.
3. We would remember your passion. You put your whole heart into everything you do. Be it acting on stage, listening to a good song, or loving on an unlovable child in Jamaica, you do everything you do to the fullest.
4. We would remember that you abstained from anything and everything that any decent granny would stay away from.
5. I would remember the look that Tim gives you every time you walk in a room, and the sparkle in his eye whenever I say your name.
6. I would remember you staying up with me anytime I needed to talk, even if you had six o'clock practice in the morning. (Whoo-hoo to no more volleyball!)
7. I would remember crying on your shoulder when I didn't know what to do about Scott.
8. I would remember you twirling my hair while watching movies at four in the morning with Tim at the lakehouse.
9. I would remember how proud you were the first time you made gluten free noodles, and how you kept going on and on about how good they were.
10. I would remember how even talking in your sleep... You didn't tell a single secret. Even when we would ask you a question, you'd say that you couldn't tell me.
11. I would remember you desperately searching for rice cakes in my pantry.
12. I would remember you carefully folding a note Tim gave you like it was the most precious thing in the world. Like... It was Tim you were putting in your pocket, not just a piece of paper with his thoughts on it.
13. I would remember your creative spirit. You made everything beautiful, even a paper plate. :)
14. I would remember how you always question motives. (Especially mine it seems... ) Anytime I say something, you ask questions. You want to know exactly what I feel and why I feel it. And it feels good to have someone understand me.
15. Everyone would remember your love of Cran-Grape juice.
16. I would remember being shocked that you like some screamo. Whaaaaaa?????
17. I would remember your ability to love everyone you came into contact with. (Except those pesky snakes... )
18. I would remember crying typing out this list, because even just the thought of you makes me that happy. I would also remember 100 Years very perfectly coming on while typing this. As we talk about our future and past, what more can you ask for?
19. I would remember lying in bed with you laughing so hard we cried when we barely knew each other at SOTO.
20. I would remember how much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment